SASMI’s Annual Physical Benefit encourages you and your family to stay on top of your preventive care. Members can receive $200 per calendar year for getting a physical exam and $100 for eligible dependents (spouses and children) up to $600, per family, per calendar year. Covered exams may include:
- A comprehensive review of systems, including the cardiovascular system, respiratory system, musculoskeletal system, etc.
- A well woman exam, a pap smear, or a screening mammogram
- A PSA exam, for males
- A screening colonoscopy or other colorectal screening test
- A multi-system physical examination based on the patient’s age, gender, and identified risk factors
- Any age-appropriate counseling and risk factors assessed
It does not include annual eye exams, dental cleaning and routine visits, or routine follow-up visits after a medical incident such as a follow-up with a cardiologist or oncologist or dermatologist.
Receiving this benefit does not limit your eligibility for other benefits under the plan, and does not affect your future severance or Retiree HCRA benefits.
To apply for this benefit, you will need to complete the online form “Annual Physical Benefit” under “Applications” in SASMI’s member portal; you have 12 months from the date of exam to submit your application. A copy of your Explanation of Benefits (EOB) from Anthem (after 1/1/2022) or Zenith (prior to 12/31/2021); you will also have to upload proof of medical insurance (a copy of your Anthem Card).
More details, and access to the member portal can be found by following this link SASMI ANNUAL PHYSICAL BENEFIT