Become a union sheet metal worker today and start enjoying higher wages, better benefits, and industry-leading training standards.
Once you print and fill out your application, please return to the Local 40 Main Office at 100A Old Forge Road, Rocky Hill, CT 06067, or email your completed application to INFO_40@smart-nerc.org.
Please note you’ll need the following qualifications to be considered:
- License: Must Possess valid SM.1 or SM.2 Connecticut Sheet Metal License
- Age: Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Education: Must be a high school graduate or possess a GED.
- Aptitude: Must possess the basic aptitude essential for acquiring the skills and proficiency of the trade.
- Physical: Must be physically able to perform the work of the trade. May also be subject to pre-employment physical and/or drug screening.
- Residency: Must be a U.S. citizen or have appropriate work permits.
- Location: Must live in proximity to our territory boundaries in order to attend classroom instruction.
All applicants meeting minimum qualifications will be given a preliminary interview, which will be evaluated based on the following:
- Educational background
- Previous work experience
- Interest & attitude
- Personality traits
If you have any questions prior or during your application filing, you can call or email us here.