Brother to Brother
If you have been out of work and can’t afford to pay your dues, the Local 40 Brother to Brother/Sick Fund is there to help!
- A member must work a minimum of 640 hours to earn initial eligibility for the Brother to Brother/Sick Fund
- Members wishing to have their Membership Dues paid from Brother to Brother must be in good standing with Local 40 including Dues, Assessments, and in accordance with the working rules.
- Members wishing to have their Membership Dues paid from the Brother-to-Brother Fund must submit their application prior to the last business day of the month preceding the month you are applying for.
- To be eligible, Members must have less than 7 (seven) workdays in the prior month preceding the month you are applying for.
- A member must reapply each month and will not be eligible for more than 12 (Twelve) months in a two (2) year period.
- If a member qualifies for Brother to Brother due to illness or injury, the months in which they receive a Brother to Brother Dues Payment for such reason shall not be included in the 12 (Twelve) month rule when determining loss of eligibility.
- A member must work a minimum of 640 hours from the time of lost eligibility to regain eligibility.
- Members that are denied will have 2 business days from the date of the notice to pay their Member Dues to avoid a late assessment of $25.00 with the exception of those who do not meet the eligibility to apply.
- Benefits will not be paid if the Member was or is performing non-union sheet metal work, except as approved by Local #40.
- Benefits will not be paid if the member is “Salting” and has not provided sufficient information as required by the Organizing Department.
- Retirees are not eligible for Brother to Brother benefits.
- If information is falsified an assessment equal to the Brother to Brother payment will be applied and you will lose your eligibility to use the Brother to Brother Fund.